The objective of this program is to promote independence and community integration by teaching developmentally disabled individuals the skill sets necessary for a healthy and quality life.
Life Adjustment Center’s Community Habilitation services are offered to those who live at home and those enrolled in the IRA. Provisions in these services are given in non-certified community settings, such as at home with family members, which allow individuals to live their loved ones while helping foster an efficient atmosphere where the family can function as a unit. A service at home, as opposed to a residential setting, allows the family to be directly involved with the training being provided. Through this process family bonds are strengthened and treatment knowledge of the disability is gained.
For more information please contact:
Nancy Feliciano, Community Habilitation Manager
(718) 293-9727 Ext. 28
- Teaching daily living skills
- Teaching academic skills, money skills and telling time
- Teaching individuals shopping skills
- Teaching individuals how to exercise safety while traveling in the community
- Accompanying individuals to various places in the community to access services
- Promoting independence and individuality among individuals
- Promoting good health through exercise and nutrition